Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Wake Eeeee Wake Eeeeeee....



Dear Mornings:

I get it, we aren’t friends and quite frankly, I don’t think we will ever be! 

I remember you creeping up on me in the mornings through the curtains trying to wake my brother and I up for school.  The cover and pillows knew their role and helped us stay in bed as long as we possibly could to avoid your BRIGHT self.  
 
Then you decided to get Mom involved. Screw the alarm, you by passed that guy!  Having her come in the bedroom to shake us out of bed just to join you!  Not cool.  What have I done to you ever? Hmmm? You loved working with her didn’t you?  
 
Even today you still creep through the blinds, smiling and wanting me to smile with you.   The cover and pillows are just way too comfy for my liking.  Who wants to play in the early hours anyway?  

Mom has since retired her role in helping you out and you have now tag teamed with my alarm clock and added a SNOOZE feature!!! Way to go Genius!  By the way, the most annoying ring tones I have to choose from for this alarm clock, what’s up with that?

Now don’t get me wrong morning, you are great when I do want to indulge and soak in your  warmth and embrace, but not first thing in the morning.  Especially if I have to WAKE UP for work.  Pfghhh. 

To this day,as an adult, I struggle getting up in the early morning.   I am definitely not a morning person nor do I feel I will ever be.  My brain doesn’t operate till approx. 10:30am-ish.  I've come to the conclusion today, that this is just the way it’s going to be and the INFAMOUS line of “I’m tired or I’m exhausted” will be forever embedded in me.   I think I just need to accept it and shut it.

What makes me laugh thinking of the future, is when I become a senior citizen, I definitely won't be that lady waking up at 5am making tea or coffee reading the news paper while the birds start chirping outside.  HA!  Not this chick let.  I will be the one sleeping in and getting to those items when I wake up! 



So with that said, if you ever see me before say 10am, don’t expect the bubbliest-person….she’s still sleeping!





5 comments: