Wednesday, February 24, 2016

For The Love of Numbers


For the last year or so I've been seeing repetitive numbers that most people make wishes on.  (example: 11:11)

In the beginning I thought "stupid numbers,"

However these "stupid numbers" started showing up more frequently, which caused my analytical side to go bonkers.

"This doesn't seem to be a coincidence.."

Well, I decided to pay closer attention to them and the various times/scenarios happening when these numbers showed up.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Side notes: I believe in God. I am a firm believer that he speaks to people in mysterious ways.  In addition to that, I also feel that he speaks specific things into each individual(s) lives who (legitimately) build a relationship with him.
My conversations with God are always specific.  Things that I either want to see come to past, things I am questioning in life at that time/season, needing help or direction or simply praying for others and what they are going through.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I decided to refer to these repetitive numbers as, "love notes" by God.

I giggle telling you all of this because it sounds wild and unreal, however let me share a brief story as to where I get this wild conclusion from.

Early June, I attended a women's conference. We had just finished lunch and headed back into the gymnasium to finish off the rest of the day. So here is me, headed slowly back into my "assigned seat." (Yes, everyone had a specific seat assigned to them.  Just like a ticket to a concert.)

There on my seat was a sealed white envelope no name on it.  As a matter of fact, each woman in the gymnasium had one on their seat too.  Who wrote it, who know's.  So I opened it.  It read this ...

Jeremiah 33:3 (MSG)
'..Call to me and I will answer you. I'll tell you marvelous and wondrous things that you could never figure out on your own.'

I read it and immediately laughed. There it was the repetitive numbers (33:3).
But wait a minute...it told me something...

I'll tell you marvelous and wondrous things that you could never figure out on your own.'

Interesting, right?

Now if you really know me, I always try to come up with my own conclusions, my own solutions or answers.  It's terrible.

However God (being humorous and a man who uniquely speaks to me the only way he knows how to get through my thick head) drops hints like this on the regular basis for me.

Why have I ignored it all this time, probably because society or the natural world would think this is ridiculous.  In the chaotic times, its these "love notes" (that if I actually paid attention to) would give me a clearer sense of my situation(s) and perhaps answers to something I was inquiring about.

Another example of these"love note" droppings...took place in my life was when I analyzed my friendships.

I felt my friendships did not seem the same or perhaps I just started to realize that most of the friendships I had are/were just acquaintances more then anything.

I got really upset and frustrated about it all as I treat everyone equally, I want what I put out in my relationships with people and I usually give my all to anyone I meet.

So the typical emotions ran through my veins: anger, sadness, bitterness, hurt, pain, etc.

That day when the emotions were flying through the roof tops, I obtained my you-version bible app scripture email.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Side Note: Those of you who don't know, its a bible app on your phone.  If you allow it, it will send you a scripture each day.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Now notice the repetitive numbers (love note) on this one that said:

John 6:66 (MSG)
'After this a lot of his disciples left. They no longer wanted to be associated with him. Then Jesus gave the Twelve their chance: “Do you also want to leave?”

I thought about my emotional state and how this scripture can be relate-able or an answer per say.
  Even Jesus's "main" side kicks turned their backs on him, questioned his ability and character...why should I get all rattled over foolish thoughts of my own not to mention how my friends/acquaintances are treating me?!  I should be content with who I am and what I bring to the table in my relationships with people.  If I am being who I am and things are not being reciprocated, that is on them, not me.

At the same time, perhaps I am changing, therefore the dynamics require adjusting!

So call me crazy or simply laugh at this post....but sometimes we should pay attention to the littlest things being shown to us....as you never know what is being shown for you to learn and pay attention to.

Answers get handed to you daily....you just need to pay attention.  They aren't always big and noticeable.

Just sayin'











No comments:

Post a Comment